Preventing Problems Before They Start
The health of your child's teeth and mouth is very important to the well-being of her entire body, and while routine brushing and flossing at home is necessary to keep her smile looking its best, visiting the dentist for a comprehensive exam and cleaning is essential. The American Dental Association recommends children visit the dentist every six months to ensure their teeth stay healthy and their smiles stay beautiful.
By routinely seeing the dentist for exams and cleanings, your child can:
- Prevent tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath
- Save the family money by avoiding costly and extensive dental procedures
- Keep her teeth white by reducing staining from food and drinks
- Shorten the time spent in the dentist's office
- Have a smile that will last a lifetime
During your child's exam, her dentist will thoroughly examine her teeth and gums for signs of tooth decay, gum disease, and other health problems. The dentist may also want to take X-rays to see what is happening beneath the surface of her teeth and gums. These images will help her dentist discover dental issues not visible to the naked eye.
After a thorough examination, Dr. Ramirez will begin your child's cleaning. She will have different toothpaste flavors for your child to pick to make sure we provide a great positive experience.