How we are protecting you
Thank you for all you are doing to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. We are all making sacrifices and dealing with significant changes in our daily life. We appreciate your patience as some non-essential appointments may be delayed, rescheduled, or converted to video/phone visits. We are modifying our schedule to limit contact and reduce your risk of exposure. We want to reassure you that we are doing our best to keep you safe. As of June 1, 2020 we are slowly resuming regular patient care with new protocols in place.
Precautions we are taking
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, we are continually updating our precautions. These measures are meant to protect our patients, families and staff.
Masks help protect all of us. They protect you as a patient/parent and the healthcare workers who take care of all of us. Until further notice we are requiring all our clinical staff to wear masks all the time. Receptionists will be separated from patients/parents by screens. We are screening and checking employees’ temperatures daily upon arrival. Only those with normal temperatures who are completely asymptomatic will be working.
We are also asking patients and companions to wear a mask all the time while in the office and not receiving dental care. Masking is important because people who are not symptomatic can still pass on the virus, and the circumstances in a health facility do not always allow for social distancing.
If your child has an appointment, and you or your child has had any symptoms that could be related to COVID-19, please do not come to the office and contact us by phone or email to reschedule appointments, or to receive guidance regarding your child’s oral care.
We will confirm with our patients’ parents that they do not have symptoms that could be associated with COVID-19 prior their appointment, and will check the temperature of all patients/parents upon arrival.
We are committed to caring for you
Our team is committed to caring for you and your loved ones during the pandemic. As healthcare providers we have a duty to protect patients from getting sick and to give our staff a healthy and safe work environment. Aside from following strict sterilization and infection-control procedures, we have established additional protocols to minimize the risk of infection during the pandemic. These protocols include:
- Use of high volume vacuum/suction system by dental assistants during aerosol producing procedures.
- An additional HEPA and activated carbon filtration system in all treatment rooms where aerosols are produced. This type of filtration system, especially when ran at low air velocity, has been proven to at removing >99.9% of particles of the size of a Coronavirus. Our air purifiers, running at low speed, will filter an air volume equivalent to four times the air contained in a treatment room per hour.
- Addition of HEPA filtration to our HVAC system to prevent re-circulation of any potentially contaminated air and aerosols.
- Implementation of the use of electrostatic sprayers for sanitation and disinfection of our facility. We use a safe and environmentally friendly product approved by the EPA effective against COVID-19. The electrostatic delivery system allows us to more efficiently and effectively disinfect treatment rooms and common areas. The system reduces human error and leads to more thorough sanitation of our facility.
- Implementation of new scheduling protocols to reduce waiting times and reduce the number of patients/parents in the waiting area.
- Our waiting room has only cleanable toys.
- We are excited about our new projection game system, BEAMPro. Your child will interact with fun video games projected on the floor!!
Thank you for trusting us with your child’s care.