Thank you for all you are doing to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Precautions we are taking
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, we are continually updating our precautions. These measures are meant to protect our patients, families and staff.
We are happy to inform our families that our entire staff (clinical and non-clinical) is fully vaccinated.
Masks help protect all of us. They protect you as a patient/parent and the healthcare workers who take care of all of us. Until further notice we are requiring all our clinical and non-clinical staff to wear masks all the time. Receptionists will be separated from patients/parents by screens.
We are also asking patients and companions to wear a mask all the time while in the office and not receiving dental care. Masking is important because people who are not symptomatic can still pass on the virus, and the circumstances in a health facility do not always allow for social distancing.
If your child has an appointment, and you or your child has had any symptoms that could be related to COVID-19, please do not come to the office and contact us by phone or email to reschedule appointments, or to receive guidance regarding your child’s oral care.
We will confirm with our patients’ parents that they do not have symptoms that could be associated with COVID-19 prior their appointment.
We are committed to caring for you
Our team is committed to caring for you and your loved ones during the pandemic. As healthcare providers we have a duty to protect patients and families from getting sick, and to give our staff a healthy and safe work environment. Aside from following strict sterilization and infection-control procedures, we have established additional protocols to minimize the risk of infection during the pandemic. These protocols include:
- Use of high volume vacuum/suction system by dental assistants during aerosol producing procedures.
- A dedicated HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air), and activated carbon air filtration system in all treatment rooms where aerosols are produced for an additional level of protection. This type of filtration system, especially when ran at low air velocity, has been proven to remove >99.9% of particles of the size of a Coronavirus. Our air purifiers, running at low speed, will filter an air volume equivalent to four times the air contained in a treatment room per hour. We will be pumping surgically clean air through the ceiling and capturing air through the toe-kick under the cabinetry.
- An additional HEPA and ULPA (ultralow particle air) filtration to our HVAC system to prevent re-circulation of any potentially contaminated air and aerosols.
- Implementation of the use of electrostatic sprayers for sanitation and disinfection of our facility. We use a safe and environmentally friendly product approved by the EPA effective against COVID-19. The electrostatic delivery system allows us to more efficiently and effectively disinfect treatment rooms and common areas. The system reduces human error and leads to more thorough sanitation of our facility.
- Implementation of new scheduling protocols to reduce waiting times and reduce the number of patients/parents in the waiting area.
- The HEPA filtration system in our central air conditioning will filtrate air in our common areas.
- Our waiting room has only cleanable toys.
- We are excited about our new projection game system, BEAMPro. Your child will interact with fun video games projected on the floor!!
Thank you for trusting us with your child’s care.